TEC056: As both fear and skepticism around the coronavirus spread, Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Cory Sticha, and Joanne Mercier discuss some of the tech aspects, including avoiding scams and fake news, keeping your personal hardware clean, using tech to ease the effects of isolation, and the Catholic aspects of dealing with the pandemic, and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Rich Are Preparing for Coronavirus Differently – The New York Times
- Coronavirus: Airlines are flying ‘ghost’ planes to keep flight slots – Business Insider
- ‘It makes me very angry’: Coronavirus damage ripples across the workforce – POLITICO
- Apple Says It’s A-OK to Use Clorox Wipes on Your iPhone
- Cleaning your iPhone – Apple Support
- Wuhan students tried to boot remote learning app from the App Store by leaving bad reviews – The Verge
- Coronavirus map used to spread malware
- John Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 GlobalCases Map
- The office as we know it may not recover from the coronavirus
- Coronavirus – MyCatholicDoctor
- Make prayer part of hand-washing protocol to fight virus, says diocese.
- [email protected] Search for Alien Life Project Shuts Down After 21 Years
- New $3 ‘robot lawyer’ can automatically sue data brokers for not deleting your personal info | Fortune
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: AdobeScan
- Fr. Cory: Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Dom: NetNewsWire for iOS
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.