TEC064: Listener John asks Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Jack Baruzzini about technical and ethical questions that came up when he had trouble with his iPhone. Plus Apple & Google contact tracing advances; bad apps for ex-cons; Tesla’s autopilot advances; and ESPN’s deepfake ad concerns.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Washington Post-University of Maryland poll finds a problem for Apple-Google coronavirus app – The Washington Post
- Telmate’s Guardian App Is Hell, Parolees Say
- Tesla releases new, highly anticipated Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature – Electrek
- An ESPN Commercial Hints at Advertising’s Deepfake Future – The New York Times
- ‘An Evening With Whitney’ Houston Hologram Tour Begins In Europe : NPR
- Brigham And Women’s Using iPads To Protect Caregivers And Preserve PPE – CBS Boston
- Automatic to shut down and end support for its car diagnostics dongle | Engadget
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: [AR]T Museum on iOS
- Thomas: MyMiniFactory and Cults 3d repositories for 3D printer models
- Dom: Service Station for macOS
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.