MYS108: How did a group of 9 citizens expose the FBI’s biggest dirty secrets in a daring 1971 break-in? In the second of two parts, Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore their secret plan, how the FBI tried to catch them, and what secrets the FBI was trying to keep from the public’s knowledge.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Exposing FBI Secrets! (Part 1)
- Betty Medsger’s book The Burglary
- Tim Weiner’s book Enemies: A History of the FBI
- Ronald Kessler’s book Secrets of the FBI
- Gary Noesner’s book Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator
- 1971 Documentary
- J. Edgar Hoover
- Citizens Commission to Investigate the FBI
- Fight of the Century
- Church Committee
- Ebb Sleep website
- STOP-BANG website
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.