ACH053: Fr. Vincent Capodanno was a chaplain with the US Marines in Vietnam and a Maryknoll priest. As Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us in this very personal episode, he was known as the Grunt Padre for how he served his Marines. His ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield led to him receiving the Medal of Honor and being placed on the path to canonization.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Fifty Years Ago, Father Vincent R. Capodanno Valiantly Sacrificed His Life While Ministering On The Battlefield In Vietnam
- The Grunt Padre, by Fr. Daniel Mode
- Letter #11: Capodanno – Inside The Vatican
- Father Capodanno Biography – Archdiocese for the Military, USAArchdiocese for the Military, USA
- Father Capodanno Guild
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]