ACH055: In the early 1800s, John McLoughlin was in charge of essentially all of the Pacific Northwest as local head of major trading company. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us he was also a devoted husband, father, and Catholic whose drive and vision formed the foundation for the entire region of the United States.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- John McLoughlin (1784-1857)
- McLoughlin, John (1784-1857) – HistoryLink.org
- John McLoughlin – Wikipedia
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]