TEC078: If you own Kindle ebooks, you should make backups. Dom, Pat, and Fr .Cory discuss why and how. Also, what the battle between Apple, Google, and some app store developers means for you, robots in distress, can there be good malware, and our picks of the week.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- calibre – E-book management
- GitHub – apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools: DeDRM tools for ebooks
- Apple has finally met its Fortnite match – The Verge
- Apple confirms cloud gaming services like xCloud and Stadia violate App Store guidelines – The Verge
- Apple removes ‘Fortnite’ from App Store following direct payment push | Engadget
- UK court rules police facial recognition trials violate privacy laws | Engadget
- British delivery robot plunges into canal: report | Fox Business
- For six months, security researchers have secretly distributed an Emotet vaccine across the world | ZDNet
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: [easyazon_link identifier=”B005GZRUZW” locale=”US” tag=”wwwsqpncom-20″]APC UPS, 650VA UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector[/easyazon_link]
- Fr. Cory: One Deck Dungeon — Handelabra Games
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01NBIJZAN” locale=”US” tag=”wwwsqpncom-20″]One Deck Dungeon (Paper)[/easyazon_link]
- Dom: Soundsource 5
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.