MYS114: On August 21, 1992, federal agents engaged in firefight on Ruby Ridge, Idaho, that started an 11-day siege of the Weaver family which left a mother and her son dead. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli ask how the situation started, who was at fault, and how did it all go so disastrously bad.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Jess Walter’s book Ruby Ridge
- Jon Ronson’s book Them: Adventures with Extremists
- Gary Noesner’s book Stalling For Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator
- Ruby Ridge
- Randy Weaver
- Bo Gritz
- Department of Justice Ruby Ridge Task Force Report
- Charges (w/Verdicts) Against Weaver and Harris
- Sheriff’s Review on Who Killed Sammy
- Lon Horiuchi
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
And The Light Series by Jacqueline Brown, a best-selling Catholic fiction series that will leave you asking “Who would I become if the world fell away?” Enter code MysteriousWorld at jacqueline-brown.com for 10% off.