ACH064: Fr. Gabriel Richard founded the University of Michigan, wrote the motto of the city of Detroit, represented Michigan in Congress, and tirelessly worked for the people of God on the frontier for many years. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of this priest now being considered for sainthood.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Fr. Gabriel Richard: What you didn’t know about Detroit’s famed ‘second founder’ – Detroit Catholic
- Sketch Of The Life Of Father Gabriel Richard 1767-1832
- Detroit in Early Times.—Very Rev. Gabriel Richard
- Who was Gabriel Richard? | Michigan Today
- Catholic church starts process to name Father Gabriel Richard a saint
- Kentucky Holy Land Pilgrimage with Tom and Noëlle Crowe & 206 Tours
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.