ACH067: Sts. Isaac Jogues, Rene Goupil, and John de Lalande were the first Jesuit martyrs to give their lives for Christ in what was then New France in the 1640s. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of how they bravely walked among the Mohawk people to proclaim the Gospel despite the prospect of certain death.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Life of St. Isaac Jogues — St. Isaac Jogues – Wayne, PA
- Isaac Jogues – Wikipedia
- St. John de LaLande
- Jean de Lalande – Wikipedia
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Rene Goupil
- René Goupil – Wikipedia
- Biography – LA LANDE, JEAN DE – Volume I (1000-1700) – Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Biography – GOUPIL, RENÉ – Volume I (1000-1700) – Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Canadian Martyrs – Wikipedia
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.