TEC088: If you can work over Zoom, then why not live and work in your favorite vacation spot? Dom, Thomas, and Jack talk about Zoom towns, the latest news about space exploration, and the completely expected demise of Quibi.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- ‘Zoom towns’ are exploding in the West
- Zoom Towns: Why Your Last Vacation Getaway May Be Your Next Home
- Zoom Towns And The New Housing Market For The 2 Americas : Planet Money : NPR
- NASA finds water on the moon’s sunlit surface for the first time
- Talking on the moon: Nasa and Nokia to install 4G on lunar surface | Science | The Guardian
- NASA retargets next SpaceX Crew Dragon launch to space station for November 14
- Hubble Examines Massive Metal Asteroid Called ‘Psyche’ That’s Worth Way More Than Our Global Economy
- Quibi says it’s shutting down after six months – Axios
- Tweet about Quibi’s “scabby” business model
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
- Thomas: NASA on Soundcloud Listen to Sinister Sounds of the Solar System, a playlist by NASA on #SoundCloud
- Dom: Laptop Stand Adjustable, Lamicall Notebook Holder
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Secrets of Technology is brought to you in part by Faithlife, makers of Logos and Verbum Bible software and the Integrated Ministry Platform. Are you a full-stack developer looking for a career with a company with a mission that matters? Check out available positions at faithlife.com/careers and tell them that the Secrets of Technology sent you.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.