TEC091: The promise of the smart home hasn’t exactly lived up to the hype yet. Dom, Fr. Cory, and Jack talk about the pitfalls and friction that having smart home and IoT devices still involves and some workarounds they’ve found. Plus a review of Amazon’s Halo fitness band.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- I’m Tired of Broken Smart Homes
- Amazon Halo
- Ring is recalling 350,000 smart doorbells after some of them caught fire – CNN
- Microsoft urges users to stop using phone-based multi-factor authentication | ZDNet
- Google Photos ending unlimited free backup next year – 9to5Google
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Cory: 12v Deluxe Battery Maintainer and Float Charger
- Jack: Fitbit Charge 4
- Dom: Homepod mini
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Secrets of Technology is brought to you in part by Faithlife, makers of Logos and Verbum Bible software and the Integrated Ministry Platform. Are you a full-stack developer looking for a career with a company with a mission that matters? Check out available positions at faithlife.com/careers and tell them that the Secrets of Technology sent you.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.