ACH077: Roberto Clemente was one of the greatest baseball players of his time before his tragic death. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us that it was his off-the-field charitable work inspired by his faith that remains his greater legacy, including the earthquake relief trip that ended his life.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Roberto Clemente – God wanted me to play ball
- Beyond Baseball: The Life of Roberto Clemente
- Roberto Clemente’s Death Speaks to His Catholic Faith | Grotto Network
- Roberto Clemente Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
- Roberto Clemente – Wikipedia
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.