MYS137: Throughout the ages, grieving people have sought contact with the dead, including through the use of mediums. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli ask whether mediums really can contact the dead, whether we should trust them, and what the Bible has to say about it.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Deborah Blum’s book Ghost Hunters: William James and the Scientific Search for Proof of Life After Death
- The textbook Parapsychology: A Handbook for the 21st Century
- The textbook An Introduction to Parapsychology (5th ed)
- Fr. Alois Wiesinger’s book Occult Phenomena in Light of Theology
- Rev. Minot Savage’s book Psychics: Facts and Theories
- Rayleigh Scattering (video)
- Cold reading
- Hot reading
- Unconscious fraud
- Beischel & Schwartz 2007 Mediumship Study
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.