TEC101: As recent news has shown, the web sites and apps we use every day may have massive hidden security flaws. Dom, Pat, and Thomas discuss how it happens, how we can protect ourselves, and how to evaluate such services for best practices.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Risky Business
- If iOS 14.5 fixes the mask + Face ID problem, what’s that mean for iPhone 13 and Touch ID? | iMore
- iOS 14.5 to Add Support for Joint Apple Card Accounts – MacRumors
- Terraria developer cancels Google Stadia port after YouTube account ban | Ars Technica
- Hacker changed chemical level at Oldsmar water treatment facility | wtsp.com
- Adobe Flash Shutdown Halts Chinese Railroad for Over 16 Hours Before Pirated Copy Restores Ops
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Omron Platinum Blood Pressure Monitor
- Thomas: KLIM Fusion Earbuds
- Dom: AUKEY MacBook Pro Charger 100W and AUKEY USB C Cable 10ft Braided Nylon
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.