ACH086: The French-born Bishop Simon Bruté, first bishop of Vincennes, Indiana, was a famed intellectual and missionary. He was even associated with Napoleon Bonaparte. But Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us he was also a simple man of deep faith and very humble with a lasting impact.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Servant of God Simon Bruté
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Simon William Gabriel Brute de Remur
- Discourse on the Right Reverend Simon Gabriel Bruté
- Simon Bruté – Wikipedia
- Bishop Simon Bruté: Another Hoosier Saint? | Simply Catholic
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.