ACH094: St. Rose Priory in Kentucky is the original home of the Dominican order in the United States. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how American-born Bishop Edward Fenwick brought the Order of Preachers to the US and established them here on the western frontier of the newborn country.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Province History – Dominican Friars Province of St. Joseph
- Edward Fenwick – Wikipedia
- History – St. Rose Priory Church, Springfield, Kentucky
- St. Rose Priory – Wikipedia
- Bourbon, Bluegrass, And the Bible – The Hillbilly Thomists – YouTube
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.