ACH098: Fr. Stephen Badin was the first Catholic priest ordained in the United States, a title he took great pride in. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about this gruff, rigid man who was also a tender and caring pastor, a man who traveled well over 100,000 miles in pursuit of souls for Christ.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- This strong-willed adventurer was the first priest ordained in the U.S.
- Who Was Stephen Badin? | Stories | Notre Dame Magazine
- The Role of Father Badin’s Slaves in Frontier Kentucky
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Stephen Theodore Badin
- Stephen Badin – Wikipedia
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.