TEC114: Falling Chinese rockets were in the news this week, and Dom Bettinelli, Joanne Mercier, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter talk about assessing relative risk and trusting in God, as well as the problem of orbital space debris. Plus, infrastructure hackers and deadly Snapchat filters.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Falling space debris, rising hopes to end it – CSMonitor.com
- NASA slams China after rocket debris lands near Maldives for ‘failing to meet responsible standards’ | Fox News
- A giant piece of space debris is falling to Earth. It probably won’t hit you. | Popular Science
- Colonial Pipeline hackers apologize, promise to ransom less controversial targets in future – The Verge
- Boy’s botched Amazon order leaves him with $2,620 worth of Spongebob Squarepants popsicles
- Snapchat Can Be Sued Over Role In Fatal Car Crash, Court Rules : NPR
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: JBL CLIP 3 – Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Black
- Joanne: Discovery+
- Dom: Obsidian
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.