ACH102: The first bishop of the American territory of New Mexico, Jean-Baptiste Lamy was the subject of the historical novel “Death Comes for the Archbishop.” Tom and Noëlle Crowe relate his work in bringing unruly clergy to heel and bringing the faith to uncatechized laity in the region.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Death Comes for the Archbishop (Vintage Classics)
- Jean-Baptiste Lamy, the Apostle of Santa Fe
- Digital History
- Jean Baptiste Lamy – New Mexico History.org
- PressReader.com – Your favorite newspapers and magazines.
- Correspondence course sifting through the writing of Santa Fe’s first archbishop
- A Story Behind a Story: The Ohio Roots of Willa Cather’s Characters
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.