MYS164: The US-Mexico border in San Diego sees thousands of people cross back and forth every year, but few people know that in the 1990s, the area got a reputation as a paranormal hotspot. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli examine one ghost story from the border and what could explain it.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Rocky Elmore’s book Out On Foot: Nightly Patrols and Ghostly Tales of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent
- Video by Rocky Elmore
- San Diego
- St. Junipero Serra
- Mission San Diego
- St. Diego of Alcala
- Roboto of San Diego
- California Missions
- Border Patrol
- Border Patrol Mission Goals
- Border Patrol In Memoriam page on Luis Santiago
- Coast To Coast AM interview
- 1996 Congressional Testimony
- Elmore recounts story in own voice on WNYC
- Mysterious World, episode #1: Ghosts
- Mysterious World, episode #115: A Wizard Clip
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.