TEC124: When Blessed Carlo Acuitis died in 2006 at 15, he was a Star Wars and video game fan who coded and built web sites. Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Andrew Kinstetter, and Pat Scott discuss what makes Carlo notable, and more importantly, holy. Then they discuss a big data privacy story in Catholic news this week.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Cause for Blessed Carlo Acuitis
- Carlo Acutis: Millennial generation has a Blessed
- Bl. Carlo’s Eucharistic miracles website
- Bl. Carlo’s Star Wars-style video
- Pillar Investigates: USCCB gen sec Burrill resigns after sexual misconduct allegations – by The Pillar – The Pillar
- Cellphone hacking, tracking cases illustrate growing loss of privacy – Catholic News Service
- Pegasus spyware used to target phones of journalists and activists, investigation finds – The Verge
- Catholic priest quits after “anonymized” data revealed alleged use of Grindr | Ars Technica
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Reloptix prescription lenses for VR headsets
- Fr. Andrew: Pocket
- Dom: Logitech Combo Touch – iPad Keyboard Case with Trackpad
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.