ACH105: The Duke, John Wayne, only converted to Catholicism on his death bed, but Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how this great actor recognized his own human flaws, extolled faith and virtue, and encouraged his children and grandchildren in their own Catholic faith.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- John Wayne: The Strange Message He Requested on His Tombstone
- My ‘granddaddy’ John Wayne, actor and Catholic convert
- He was ugly, strong, and had dignity — Uncovering John Wayne’s hidden treasure | by Jeremy Roberts | Medium
- John Wayne: The Movie Icon Who Once Got Picked in the NFL Draft | Fanbuzz
- John Wayne-Cardiac Catholic – The American Catholic
- The Free Lance-Star – Google News Archive Search
- John Wayne’s deathbed conversion to Christianity
- John Wayne (1907-1979), Catholic Convert | Pat McNamara
- Interview with John Wayne (1969) | Interviews | Roger Ebert
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.