TEC128: When a natural disaster strikes, will you be prepared? Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Cory Sticha, and Joanne Mercier discuss how tech can help you prepared for disasters, but also how to prepare your tech for disaster scenarios. Plus, would you sell your biometrics to Amazon?
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Harbor Disaster Preparedness & Disaster Planning
- Mobile Apps and Voice-Enabled Skills and Actions | American Red Cross
- FEMA Mobile App and Text Messages | FEMA.gov
- Disasters and Emergencies | Ready.gov
- Get Tech Ready | Ready.gov
- Top 5: Tech tips for disaster preparedness – TechRepublic
- Eton, American Red Cross FRX3+ Emergency NOAA Weather Radio
- Anker Power Stations and Solar Chargers
- EULOCA LED Camping Lantern
- Energizer All-Weather LED Lantern
- Power Bank AC Outlet 90W Omars 24000mAh Laptop Portable Charger
- FOVAL 150W Power Inverter
- MARBERO 167Wh Portable Power Station
- Amazon will pay you $10 in credit for your palm print biometrics – TechCrunch
- Your Facebook Account Was Hacked. Getting Help May Take Weeks — Or $299 : NPR
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: Schmigadoon – AppleTV+
- Fr. Cory: Starlink
- Dom: HomeControl Menu for HomeKit on the Mac App Store
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.