ACH110: Baltimore’s Basilica of the Assumption is America’s first cathedral. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how Bishop James Carroll’s vision for the church was to be a sign of the Catholic Church’s universality and the presence and prominence of Catholics in America.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- History – Basilica of the Assumption
- Baltimore Basilica to celebrate its 200th anniversary with special Mass, new adoration chapel – Baltimore Sun
- Basilica restoration sheds light on original vision – Baltimore Sun
- John Carroll, the Amplitude Apologetic and the Baltimore Cathedral – American Catholic Studies
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.