ACH113: Simple German farmers fleeing European wars in the 19th century brought their Catholic faith with them to western Ohio. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how Fr. Francis de Sales Brunner and his order provided those small communities with more than 30 beautiful, soaring cross-tipped churches.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Cross Tipped Churches – Catholic Telegraph
- Land of the Cross Tipped Churches – Maria Stein Shrine – Maria Stein, OH
- Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches Scenic Byways – Ohio Dept. of Transportation
- Francis de Sales Brunner – Wikipedia
- Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches – Wikipedia
- Shrine of the Holy Relics – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.