TEC137: It’s clear social media is broken. Fr. Cory Sticha and Joanne Mercier explore advice for not just how to fix our own use, but how it can be fixed by regulation. Plus, strong-arming by a cable company; AI composing Beethoven; and Alexa in care facilities.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- How to Fix Facebook, Instagram and Social Media? Change the Defaults | WSJ
- Renew with us or your credit score suffers, Spectrum warns – Los Angeles Times
- Beethoven never finished his 10th Symphony. Computer scientists just did
- Amazon brings Alexa to hospitals and senior living centers – TechCrunch
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Cory: Minesweeper Classic: Retro – Apps on Google Play
- Joanne: Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric kettle
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.