TEC155: Is old music killing new music? Dom Bettinelli, Victor Lams, and Pat Scott discuss how streaming music up-ended the music industry, including what kinds of music people listen to; Apple’s latest Silicon announcements; wireless electric roadways; and patients left stranded when a bionic implant company closes.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Is Old Music Killing New Music? | The Atlantic
- How Music Does That: The Deep Playlist of Generation Z
- OpenAI Jukebox Sample Explorer
- Apple announces new ‘Mac Studio’ desktop with M1 Ultra – 9to5Mac
- Apple announces new $1599 27-inch 5K Apple Studio Display, featuring Center Stage webcam – 9to5Mac
- Apple unveils iPhone SE 3 with A15 chip, same home button design – 9to5Mac
- Electric roadway will charge your EV while you’re driving
- Their Bionic Eyes Are Now Obsolete and Unsupported – IEEE Spectrum
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: MAXROCK Soft Silicon Earbuds
- Pat: Windy White Noise Sleep Sounds for iOS
- Pat: Belkin F8J212btWHT 3.5mm Audio + Charge Adapter
- Victor: Kirby™ and the Forgotten Land for Nintendo Switch
- Dom: Briggs & Stratton S3500 3500W Portable Generator
- Tech for Disaster Preparedness
- The Disaster-Ready Home
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.