ACH142: While the current Major League record holder for most home runs in a season has an asterisk in the book, Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us that Roger Maris, the previous record holder, was also subjected to controversy over his record. But this quiet man of faith should not be doubted for his accomplishment.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Home-run slugger Roger Maris was buried in a steady… – UPI Archives
- Washingtonpost.com: For Marises, Memories Both Bitter and Sweet
- Roger Maris – Wikipedia
- Roger Maris and the summer of 1961
- Maris’ family wants his HR record to stand Children remember slugger’s struggles – Baltimore Sun
- Roger Maris and the Summer of 1961 | George Weigel | First Things
- AMERICA’S LEAST WANTED – Orlando Sentinel
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.