ACH147: In 1846, the bishops of the USA named the Blessed Mother under her title of Immaculate Conception as Patroness of the USA. Tom and Noëlle Crowe relate how devotion to Mary played a key role in the New World from 1492 and how that devotion led her patronage.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Our Lady as Patroness of the United States under her title of the Immaculate Conception – Catholic Philly
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Immaculate Conception
- Immaculate Conception | EWTN
- Immaculate Conception of Mary Patroness of the United States –Aleteia
- Concilia provincialia, Baltimori habita ab anno 1829 usque ad annum 1849 : Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md, Catholic Church, Province of Baltimore
- Patronages of the Immaculate Conception – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.