TEC169: With claims that a Google AI is sentient and has a soul, Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Cory Sticha, and Joanne Mercier discuss whether this is possible and what a Catholic understanding of personhood would say about this.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Google’s AI Is Self-Aware And Has A Soul, Suspended Engineer Says – GameSpot
- LaMDA and the Sentient AI Trap | WIRED
- Is Debating AI Sentience a Dangerous Distraction? – Slashdot
- Robots in Disguise – by JD Flynn – The Pillar
- US TikTok User Data Has Been Repeatedly Accessed From China, Leaked Audio Shows
- A New Student Movement Wants You to Log Off – Slashdot
- Lawmakers offer bill to regulate volume of commercials on streaming services | The Hill
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: Hyperdrive ULTIMATE 11-in-1 USB-C Hub
- Fr. Cory: Vampire Survivors on Steam
- Dom: Default Folder X
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.