TEC178: More and more employers are using technology to track workers’ every moves. Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Joseph Sund, and Victor Lams discuss the tech limits of the approach as well as how it can ignore the human elements of employment and the dignity of the worker.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Workplace Productivity: Are You Being Tracked? – The New York Times
- In-app browsers that act as keyloggers – Six Colors
- Hong Kong’s phone-obsessed pedestrians get some extra help at the crosswalk
- NJ police used baby DNA to investigate crimes, lawsuit claims – The Verge
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Joseph: Gabb Wireless: Safe Cell Phone for Kids
- Victor: MX Master 3S Wireless Performance Mouse | Logitech
- Dom: iStat Menus
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.