TEC176: More and more of our tech has become unrepairable and disposable. Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Jack Bazruzzini discuss how to determine the inevitable death date of tech, how to mitigate these losses, and what we all should do about it.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Electronics are built with death dates. Let’s not keep them a secret.
- Citing Danger of “Ink Spills” Epson Programs End of Life for Some Printers
- ‘The Batting Lab’: the Bad News Bears Meet AI? – Slashdot
- ‘Hit the kill switch’: Uber used covert tech to thwart government raids
- GM’s Cruise so Far: A Crash, and 60 RoboTaxis ‘Disabled’ After Losing Server Contact – Slashdot
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: KZ ZS10 Pro in Ear Monitor Headphone
- Thomas: Microsoft Family Safety: Location Sharing & Screen Time App | Microsoft 365
- Dom: PhotosRevive | NeededApps
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.