ACH159: Louisville, Kentucky, 1855. Election day turned into a violent massacre as Know Nothings attacked Catholics to prevent them from voting. Tom and Noëlle Crowe give us the background on the fear and hatred that led to death and destruction on the Ohio River and the aftermath.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Bloody Monday Memorial – Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Bloody Monday – Wikipedia
- Martin John Spalding – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.