ACH160: Bishop Benedict Flaget may be the most important bishop in the US’ early history who isn’t named Carroll. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about his humble decades of service as both a priest and a bishop on the wild frontiers of the US and why he should have a cause for canonization opened.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Benedict Joseph Flaget
- Full text of "Sketches of the life, times and character of the Rt. Rev. Benedict Joseph Flaget, First Bishop of Louisville"
- Benedict Joseph Flaget – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.