ACH164: Fr. Henry Duranquet, SJ, was called Apostle of the Tombs because of his decades ministering to convicts in New York’s prisons, including the prison known as “The Tombs.” Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how his patient Christlike work won over thousands of souls for Christ, including the most notorious killers.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Msgr. Richard Lopez on Fr. Henry Duranquet, SJ
- Woodstock Letters, Volume XXII, Number 2, 1 June 1893 — Jesuit Online Library
- The Hound of Heaven by Francis Thompson 1890 – Hound of Heaven
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.