TEC228: We have lots of tech dedicated to helping us get healthier. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Cory Sticha discuss some tech to help us lose weight, eat healthier, track our vitals, and sleep better. Plus canceling phantom subscriptions and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Withings Scales
- Lose It!
- CNN Underscored: Best Weight Loss Apps
- Zero Longevity
- Withings Sleep
- ZDNet: Best Sleep Tracker
- Rise Science Sleep Foundation
- ZDNet: Apple Watch vs. Fitbit for Sleep Tracking
- Tom’s Guide: Apple Watch vs. Oura Ring for Sleep Tracking
- Apple iOS Health
- Google Health Connect Android
- Apple Support: Track Important Health Information
- Fitbit Health Metrics
- Withings Blood Pressure Monitors
- Oura Ring
- Smart Ring News: Oura vs. Apple Watch vs. Whoop
- Kardia Mobile
- Omron Healthcare
- The Verge: Best Fitness Tracker
- Wired: Best Fitness Tracker
- Fortune: Subscription Economy Forgetfulness Study
- The previous article outside the paywall
- MSN: Microchips in Parmigiano and Other Ways Europeans are Fighting Fake Food
- 404 Media: AI-Generated Mushroom Foraging Books on Amazon
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Cory: For The King on Steam
- Pat: Google Mesh Wi-Fi Systems – Google Store
- Dom: DEVONthink for the Mac and iOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.