RTB007: Is St. Augustine now hate speech? Dom posts a quote from the saint and has it banned by Facebook. Melanie gets a taste of the old-days of great conversations on Catholic blogs. Plus birthdays, boiling water, and children’s books that make them uncomfortable.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer Raising the Betts. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Daily Poem Podcast
- Melanie’s blog post on E.B. White and “friction” in literature
- Simcha Fisher’s post on “The Crepuscular Nihilism of E.B. White”
- Darwin Catholic: “In Defense of E.B. White’s Talking Animals”
- A screenshot of Dom’s “banned” Facebook post
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Melanie’s blog: The Wine-Dark Sea
- Dom’s blog: Bettnet
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]