ACH015: Commodore John Barry is known as the Father of the US Navy, its first commissioned officer, and first flag officer. Tom and Noelle Crowe trace his origins as an Irish Catholic immigrant to his distinguished career in the Revolutionary War to his appointment to head the fledgling post-war Navy.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Story of Commodore John Barry, by Martin I.J. Griffin
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]