ACH016: Babe Ruth was the greatest baseball player of all time, but he was no saint in his personal life. Yet, as Tom and Noelle Crowe reveal, his Catholic faith remained an important part of his life, expressing itself in his charity and return to the sacraments, especially late in his life.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Return of the King: The Babe Visits the Place He was Discovered | Time Will Tell
- Babe Ruth, The Family Man
- For Babe Ruth, Catholicism was a lifelong pursuit
- Babe Ruth, an unlikely Catholic, was a giant both in appetite and charity | National Catholic Reporter
- The Catholic Faith of Babe Ruth
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]