TEC037: Pope Francis has a warning on the danger of deepfakes and AI; the US Census weighs accuracy vs. privacy; and Mr. Robot’s tech guy warns you need to keep your devices updated. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss these topics plus picks of the week.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Pope urges Silicon Valley to avoid slide toward new "barbarism"
- To Reduce Privacy Risks, the Census Plans to Report Less Accurate Data – The New York Times
- Researchers question Census Bureau's new approach to privacy – Times Union
- iOS 13.1.2 now available as Apple continues polishing iOS 13 at rapid pace – The Verge
- Even the tech expert from 'Mr. Robot' can’t figure out this iPhone hack
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: iCloud for Windows
- Fr. Andrew: Nintendo Switch Lite
- Dom: Aerial AppleTV Screensaver for your computer