MYS064: In 1917, the Virgin Mary appeared to three children in Fatima, Portugal, giving them a three-part secret. The third remained secret and speculation ran wild, until it was made public in 2000. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli talk about the history, the speculation, and the disputes. (Listen to Part 2 of this show at this link.)
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Benedict XVI, Tarcisio Bertone, The Last Secret of Fatima
- Martins & Fox, Documents on Fatima
- Sr. Lucia, Fatima in Lucia’s Own Words
- Sr. Lucia, Fatima in Lucia’s Own Words, vol. 2
- Sr. Lucia, Calls from the Message of Fatima
- Sandra Zimdars-Swartz, Encountering Mary
- Vatican document, “The Message of Fatima”
- 1978 Vatican document on discerning private revelations
- Jimmy Akin, “Getting Fatima Right”
- Jimmy Akin, “Secret No More” (the Third Secret)
- Jimmy Akin, “9 Things to Know and Share About Fatima”
- Jimmy Akin, “9 Things to Know and Share About the Third Secret of Fatima”
- Wikipedia on Fatima
- Article on the hijacking of Aer Lingus flight in 1981
- Mehmet Ali Agca
- Assassination attempt on John Paul II
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback