ACH020: Over the span of about 200 years, up to 1,000 Catholic missionaries and natives, including men, women, and children, were martyred in what is now the US Southeast. Tom and Noelle Crowe tell us about the brave Catholics who refused to renounce Christ under persecution from both native peoples and European Protestants.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Martyrs of La Florida Missions – Tallahassee, FL
- Hundreds of Martyrs Sow the Seeds of Faith in the United States
- The New World- Catholics and the Colonies · The Catholic People in American History · American Catholic History Classroom
- Canonization sought for martyrs from early Florida including some from St. Augustine – Lifestyle – The St. Augustine Record – St. Augustine, FL
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]