ACH030: Bl. Stanley Rother was an Oklahoma farm boy who became a priest and then missionary in Guatemala during the height of its civil war. Tom and Noëlle Crowe share his story of courageous service to his people and Jesus, including giving up his life and becoming the first US-born martyr for the Faith.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- LTK015: Let’s Talk about Bl. Stanley Rother
- The Shepherd Who Didn’t Run: Blessed Stanley Rother, Martyr from Oklahoma, Revised, by Maria Ruiz Scaperlanda
- My visit to the scene of a martyrdom | Catholic Herald
- Father Stan Rother: American Martyr in Guatemala – Franciscan Media
- The martyrdom of Father Stanley Rother, native of Oklahoma
- Blessed Stanley Rother – Archdiocese of Oklahoma City – Oklahoma City, OK
- Opinion | CRY FROM GUATEMALA – The New York Times, Aug. 15, 1981
- Remembering Father Rother's Sacrifices (YouTube)
- 3 things to know about Fr Stanley Rother, 1st US-born martyr -Aleteia
- Stanley Rother – Wikipedia