MYS081: In AD 41, the Roman emperor Caligula was killed by his own guards, ending the rule of an uncontrollable mad tyrant. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore the mystery of whether the stories of Caligula were true, what led to his death, and what mysterious connection he might have to the Bible and prophecy.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Suetonius’s Lives of the Twelve Caesars
- Philo’s Embassy to Gaius
- Robert Graves’s book I, Claudius
- Robert Graves’s book Claudius the God and His Wife Messalina
- I, Claudius (TV series)
- Wikipedia on Caligula
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback