ACH029: James Braddock was a rags-to-riches-to-rags-to-riches story of the 1920s and 30s, and was heavyweight boxing champion, winning in a stunning upset victory. But as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us, he was also a devoted family man and devout Catholic who never forgot the charity he received at his lowest time of his life.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Cinderella Man's Left Hook: Jim Braddock's Catholic Story
- The Catholic Nerd: Famous Catholic Friday: James J. Braddock
- Jim Braddock Biography – About The Cinderella Man
- ‘Cinderella Man’ James Braddock, the Irish-American boxer who became world champion
- James J. Braddock – Wikipedia
- Cinderella Man (movie)
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]