ACH039: Bishop John Dubois is one of the most important figures in American Catholic history that most people don’t know. Tom and Noëlle Crowe follow his escape from the French Revolution to his early time with two Founding Fathers to his founding of Mt. St. Mary Seminary to his leading the Diocese of New York at a crucial moment.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Bishop John Dubois: Pioneer
- Our ‘French Connection’ – Archdiocese of New York
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: John Dubois
- Our Seminary History – Mount Saint Mary’s Seminary
- “19th-century lessons in lay governance,” by Raymond A. Schroth – NCR
- John Dubois – Wikipedia