TEC057: We’re all getting used to the new normal, so Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Andrew Kinstetter and Pat Scott talk about how we’re using tech to stay connected and occupied, especially priests and seniors and families, but also setting it aside when necessary. Plus Apple surprises us with a new iPad, MacBook Air, and more.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Coronavirus: US providers offer free WiFi for 60 days
- Comcast and T-Mobile to suspend internet data caps for the next 60 days – The Verge
- Some Amazon Prime deliveries are delayed and it’s running out of staples due to coronavirus – The Verge
- Coronavirus may boost use of contactless payments over cash
- Slack introduces simplified interface as usage moves deeper into companies – TechCrunch
- Apple announces new iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard with trackpad | iMore
- Apple announces new MacBook Air with new Magic Keyboard | iMore
- The new $149 Powerbeats 4 earphones are here, boasting 15hrs of battery life | iMore
- Apple announces updated Mac mini | iMore
- Here’s how the iPad’s new trackpad actually works – The Verge
- Microsoft unveils a ton of Xbox Series X hardware details | Engadget
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: The Pinball Wizard on Apple Arcade
- Fr. Andrew: Online gaming services, like Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch Online, Playstation Plus, iOS, Android, etc.
- Dom: Elgato Stream Deck for Mac and Windows
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.