TEC055: The Vatican working with Big Tech has put forth a set of principles for ethical artificial intelligence. Dom Bettinelli, Jack Baruzzini, and Thomas Sanjurjo agree that the Church should be at the forefront of this issue and that the real danger isn’t Skynet, but something much more present today.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Vatican backs AI regulations to ‘protect people’ – POLITICO
- Microsoft, IBM, FAO leaders join Archbishop Paglia in signing ‘Rome Call for AI Ethics’ – Catholic Culture
- Rome Call for AI Ethics – Pontifical Academy for Life
- Google has right to censor conservative nonprofit on YouTube – Naked Security
- Use Amazon, Uber or Walmart.com? You’ve probably signed away your right to sue them – CNN
- Activate This ‘Bracelet of Silence,’ and Alexa Can’t Eavesdrop – The New York Times
- Robo Revenge Lets You Sue Robocallers for Up to $3,000
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Thomas: Arduino Starter Kit
- Jack: REAPER Digital Audio Workstation
- Dom: Yubico | YubiKey strong two factor authentication
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.