ACH046: Every student learns the poem “Trees” in school. But now Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of its author Joyce Kilmer Catholic convert who wrote that and more poems, including his heroic sacrifice of his life as a soldier in France in World War I.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Poet Who Died Fighting | Stories | Notre Dame Magazine | University of Notre Dame
- Joyce Kilmer: the ‘Apostle to Bohemia’ who died in battle – Catholic Herald (subscription required)
- Joyce Kilmer and the Fighting 69th – The American Catholic
- The tragedy of Joyce Kilmer, the Catholic poet killed in World War I | America Magazine
- Joyce Kilmer – Wikipedia
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]