ACH048: In 1836, the Potawatomi native Americans, many of whom were Catholic, were forced off their land in Indiana and force-marched to Kansas. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the tragic story that resulted in much suffering, but also included much grace, including from their pastor, Fr. Benjamin Petit.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Potawatomi Trail of Death – Legends of America
- Potawatomi Trail of Death – Wikipedia
- The trail of death; letters of Benjamin Marie Petit
- Benjamin Petit – Wikipedia
- Father Benjamin Marie Petit
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]